Gemology course gives its students a wide and in-depth knowledge regarding the identification of rough diamonds.
Students receive training in sorting , planning and scoring , and evaluation of rough diamonds .
During the course, the student will receive personal guidance at all stages of diagnosis and planning of rough diamonds. The ultimate aim is to impart knowledge in planning that includes the most profitable aspects of cleaning , paint and final yield of raw .
Content of Course
- Sources of raw-diamond formation, methods of production, De Beers, the international market, the Israeli Diamond Exchange trading.
- Foundations of Crystallography.
- Diagnosis of quality, cleanliness, value, color diamond in the rough, raw-material marketing decorative and industrial.
- Understanding diamond in the rough and sorting.
- Understanding diamond in the rough toward sawing, grinding or cleaving including grading.
- Treatments- cooking and boiling improvement.
- Diagnosis ideal proportions by advanced equipment, Sarine, Lupe and Gage.
- Market valuation- assessment of diamond value by scoring and determining the final price in the international market recognition + Rapaport price list.
- Final test