Gemstones course provides extensive and in-depth knowledge on the gemological world of precious stones , gem identification features and differentiation between natural and synthetic stones.
The Diagnosis practical course is equipet with the most advanced equipment in the industry that allows identification of various gems .
Content of Course
- Introduction: the appearance of a gem in nature.
- Crystallography: various crystallization methods, identification of crystals with external characteristics.
- Hardness: the hardness scale like (MOH) and its implications on the direction of polishing.
- Optics: refraction angles of light material and light transmission, birefringence, the optical axis, types of polarization, polarization color.
- Spectroscopy: color spectrum and UV characteristic.
- Specific gravity: Definition, hydrostatic method.
- Inclusions: What are the inclusions? Type inclusions, inclusions characteristic of different stones from various sources.
- The optical phenomena: star, cat's eye, color replacement, game colors and more.
- Color Gems: what is color? how does the color of gemstones effect the stone's value?
- Gem treatment:: What are the different treatments? methods of detection of treated stones?
- The leading stone: corundum - Ruby and Sapphire, Beryl - Emerald (main sources, history, gemological analysis, characteristic features, treatments).
- Other gems: about 35 common jewels from the jewelry industry. The main types, commercial importance, identifying ways, primary sources, similar stones and imitations. Production of synthetic gemstones and identification of therapeutic improvement.
- Diamond: History, processing, Diamond Identification, Evaluation of polished diamonds, color, clarity, proportions, shapes and different cutting treatments, imitations, gemological certificate analysis, evaluation and calculation of price by Board Rappaport.
- Organic materials: pearls, Anbrim, ivory, tortoiseshell, coral.
- Final test
Gemstones traders,Diamond traders, Diamond experts, appraisers, Jewellers, designer, Sales managers, owners, buyers and job seekers in the diamond industry, Diamond and jewellery-lovers.
Terms of receiving certificate
Theoretical examination+ Practical examination.
Twice a week from 9:00 to 14:00 for a month and a half or Once a week from 15:00 to 19:00 for 3 months.