This gemology course provides students with a broad and thorough understanding in sorting and evaluating diamonds. Students receive extensive theoretical and practical knowledge, allowing them to sort and evaluate diamonds accurately, quickly and professionally.
Sorting is done according to four criteria generally accepted in the international diamond, established by the Gemological Institute of America - GIA, and are known as The 4 C's - Carat, Clarity, Color and Cut.
The course take place in a new and spacious classroom, equipped with the most advanced and innovative equipment.
This equipment includes: gemological microscopes, day light fluorescent lamps, fluorescent devices, computers, micrometers, equipment for identifying different diamond treatments, diamond substitutes, and more besides.
Content of Course
- Diamonds - Introduction and General Background
- Rough diamond elements
- Diamond Weight
- Diamond Clarity
- Diamond Color
- Diamonds Cut
- How to read and analyse gemological certificates to perfection
- The methods of diagnosis of internal and external defects in diamonds.
- Special colors - natural + staining process of synthetic diamonds (lab grown diamonds)
- Treatments, HPHT, CVD.
- Knowing diamond substitutes.
- Diamond trade practices
- Final test